Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Library are a fun-loving group who meet monthly for fellowship and planning for the advancement of our Squamish Public Library and to assist our Board and Staff.
Will you join us? We usually meet on the third Thursday each month, except July and August, at 12:30 pm in the Library Meeting Room. Twice a year we enjoy a Pot-Luck lunch – in June to close the season, and for a Christmas lunch in December. At our meetings we talk and plan, we smile and have fun.
The primary purpose of the “Friends” is contributing to the pleasant, welcoming atmosphere at the library and to encourage more people to enjoy what the libraries offers, thus making our Library a real “community” place.
We do this through:
- Fund-raising to provide “extras” for our Library through craft sales, raffles, used book sales (which are hard work but fun), and through other events during the year;
- Helping to decorate the Library, for example the fireplace area.
Some of our accomplishments are:
- The fireplace construction and furnishings;
- Teen area sofas, table and carpet;and
- Imaginative toys for the children’s area.
Attend our next meeting or contact Andrea Gailus for more information.